Thursday 13 June 2013

Fairy houses


One of my favourite films is Fairytale: a true story. Elle now loves this film just as much as i do. In fact, she is watching it right now! I have wanted to make a fairy house out of twigs and leaves with Elle since she was a baby and now, finally, she is old enough and has asked if we can make our own fairy house. Next week, we will be going with out baskets to collect twigs for the base of the house and will make our very own fairy house.

I have been looking at how to make them and we want to do our own furniture too. Its going to be lovely. We are setting Elle up her own craft/school work corner in her room so i shall put a shelf up in that corner, quite high up so a certain little sister cannot get hold of it, and we can work on it together. I am so looking forward to this project with her and then, when Mimi is old enough, i will do a house with her also. I love that i have girls and i love that Elle is so into fairies and magic and is just amazed by all things fantasy. It feels like i can live my 7 year old self through my girls, where magic and fairies are real!

Share:

20 comments

  1. Ahhh, what a lovely project to work on together.
    I feel the same about my children, that I get to be a kid all over again. And I really hope that my little lady gets into fairies. I've always preferred them to the stereotypical girly thing of princesses. Fairies are far more magical. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited by it! I have always wanted to make one and now i can, Elle is excited too.
      Yes, Elle does like disney princess's too but is very much a fairy girl at heart. I am sure if you bring them up surrounded by these kind of things, its what they sway towards. xxx

      Delete
  2. I love this... has given me an idea for Elle's snail mail :o) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear, we are very excited about swapping snail mail! xxxxx

      Delete
  3. Good luck. Looking forward to see the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a whimsical and beautiful idea
    xx
    http://petalandplume.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love love love that film! And like Lucy I want my girls to get into fairies too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, so i am secretly happy that Elle does too!!!! Next week, i am going to introduce her to the secret garden film!
      x

      Delete
  6. sounds so fun, I'm going to have to look into this film now! I'm a new visitor from the link up on Fawn Over Baby!
    Whitney
    Life Alaskan Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thank you for visiting. Yes, its such a sweet story x

      Delete
  7. I love everything about this post! First off I have not heard of the movie Fairytale: a true story and really want to see it! I grow up in the middle of the woods (I called it 'Enchanted Forest' as a kid) and would make little houses at the base of trees and carved into the sides of hills. I love how you are fostering such a creative childhood for your daughter!

    Thanks for linking up to Mom-lovin Blog Hop so I could find you!

    XOXO/Lena
    RootandBlossom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEllo Lena, thank you for your lovely comment. That must have been wonderful growing up in such a wonderful place! x

      Delete
  8. So Lulu left a comment on my blog suggesting that maybe you don't have fairy bread in the UK? Is this correct???? If so, can you please google it and make some for Elle? Fairy bread is the bestest
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we do! I have made it a few times for Elle. I make it every year for my next door neighbour's Australian day parties as she is Australian :) it's wonderful x

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never seen this film, I want to so much

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Mia!! thank you so much for visiting and following xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

© Gingerlillytea | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig