Sunday 12 May 2013

Secret book page envelopes DIY








I attended a blog summit yesterday and i decided i didn't want to take just normal business cards. I wanted to craft something that i could give to people. I am very shy when it comes to talking to strangers, so i wanted something also that would break that initial barrier. I wrote a handwritten letter with my contact and blog details at the bottom of the letter and put them in to hand out to people.

I wanted to do a little tutorial, as they are really easy to make and you can use these for letters, wedding favours, invitations or anything really. You can change the size of the envelopes to fit the need. I shall be re-using the ones i have left in some care packages to friends and maybe a few little secret love letters to my boy.


You will need:

-Old books. I did the main envelope with a book called "the little white bird" by J M Barrie. You will also need books with pictures in that you could decorate in or you could use stamps or any other type of decoration. I used a Beatrix Potter book, a winnie the pooh book and an alice in wonderland book for my decorations. They had wonderful illustrations.

-Doilies. You could use normal paper if you wish but i used doiles as i love them and it's more my style.

-Paper fasteners.

-Scissors, glue and a pen









1. Rip out two pages from your book. I picked out pages that had a nice title at the top for when the top is folded over.

2. Straighten all edges, making sure any torn bits are cut off. Place the two pages together and cut in half.

3. Take the top page and cut of part of the top. Put glue around the two sides and bottom edge and stick onto the larger page. Fold over the top and fasten with a paper fastening.

4. Choose how you would want to decorate your envelope. I used different variations on mine. I use a wax seal and stamp, little gold butterflies, cut out words and cut out illustrations.

5. Write what you would like to on the doilie or paper for the inside. Here, i wrote a little introduction and then my contact details. I folded up the doilie and tucked it inside and refastened.

Tada! There you have it. Please let me know if you make these. I would love to see what you come up with.
Share:

28 comments

  1. They are wonderful, so creative and lovely. I have mine on my notice board in the kitchen. It was lovely to meet you. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear. I am so glad you loved it :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to show this! I got really happy when i saw the DIY, I will definitely make this. Maybe for a birthday card or something like that

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked them, actually I loved them ♥♥great work. ツ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely idea! Anyone would be lucky to receive one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely but it makes me sad to see you suggesting to cut up those wonderful children's books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. These books are duplicates of books we have that i have found in charity shops. I have a big collection of all the old beatrix potter books and enid blyton books/flower fairies/grey rabbit/old bear books etc. I was happy to use those books for these. People are very welcome to use newer books, i was just pointing out what i did and how i made mind but did say that people can decorate them how they wish x

      Delete
  6. What a lovely idea! You are so creative!

    Lovely blog

    Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you. Just wish i had given out more at the blog summit. I got too shy x

      Delete
  8. Do you reply on mails if I send one to Gingerlillytea@yahoo.co.uk? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so lovely! Much nicer than regular business cards. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely!
    I am so so happy to have found your gorgeous blog via the blog hop. I just love it! Can't wait to read more xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma. Thank you so much for stopping by x

      Delete
  11. Can you pleas explain how you edit you pictures? They are SO beautiful!! Like the ones in "Bubbles and indians" and "Flower picking" I really liked to know...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello :) I don't really do too much editing. I have a huge FAQ where i answer all photography questions on my blog. If you look to the right side, there is a section to the photography FAQ x

      Delete
    2. oh, thank you so much!

      Delete
  12. these are adorable, so pretty.

    Zoe x
    http://gypsiesister.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so cute! It would also have a hard time cutting up the books though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, i guess to some it could be difficult. I wouldn't cut up a book if i didn't have a second copy. I find lots in charity shops and i have books shelves full of all the old childrens books x

      Delete

ShareThis

© Gingerlillytea | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig