Saturday 2 March 2013

learning to heal



I have written this post many times and never ever pushed that publish button but today i am going to. It can take an emotional day in your life for you to be pushed to share a little something from your heart for others to see. Someone might be going through the same and will take your words into their own life's and it might help them heal a little also. I needed to write this for a little closure. I hope you don't mind me sharing.

My mother had me at 18. Her and my father split shortly after and he wasn't around in my life when i was growing up. My mother re-married and had my brother and sister. It was a struggle in my life growing up and knowing that dad wasn't my birth father and a lot of my family weren't blood related. I would often wish so hard that i really belonged to those family members. I could hear so many "we love you's" and get so many hugs but i was always a sensitive person and no matter how much i didn't want to feel different, i did.

It was a hard thing to take in that my real father never wanted to know me or never got in touch or tried to find me. It did shape me as a person and made me quite paranoid and wary. I hardly talked about him or the situation. I sometimes asked my mother about him and if i was like him but that is all i would say. But i thought about it nearly every day. I was so lucky that my mum found someone who was willing to take me on as his daughter and that took a lot of the pain away but there was always that part that no one could ever heal. It is healed now though.

Last summer, i met my mum and sister in the town i grew up in. We had just met up in the square and were walking to get some lunch when my mum said "Keri-Anne, look!" I looked over and i knew instantly that my real father was walking in the same direction as us. He looked a lot older than the ripped up photos i have hidden in my memory box but i knew it was him. Mum called him and he came over. He didn't know who either us are were and then i felt this adrenaline kick in. I felt a huge rush of emotions and i just blurted out that i was his daughter. He looked utterly shocked and started walking away from me. I was ready there and then to just walk of, forget he ever existed and that, for me, was enough closure that i needed. He then came back and came straight up to my face. It was so surreal. I try and remember over and over what exact words were said. He said i had his eyes, he kissed me many times. It was like something out of the movies. Where everyone around us were in fast motion and we were just standing there with the world rushing by. I told him i was a photographer, he told me he was an artist. He liked to paint fairies. I like to photograph fairytales. It was like meeting me face to face. He just kept saying that he couldn't believe i was there and that he had finally found me. I felt no anger towards him. I just felt a glimmer of hope that we could build a relationship. He hugged the girls. He hugged me 100 times more. He gave me his phone number on a piece of paper and then we went our separate ways.

For days and days, all i could think about was that meeting and the numbers on that piece of paper in my purse. I had no clue what to do. I didn't want to get hurt. I just wanted to trust and put myself out on the line to be scooped up by him. I completely believed that he wanted me in his life. I decided to send him a text. It read:

"Hello, It's Keri-Anne. I haven't forgotten to call you. This is just scary and overwhelming. I tend to jump heart first into situations and i just need a little time. I hope that you would still want to meet me? I hope you are ok too xxx"

That was sent on the 6th of September and my reply? nothing. I thought i might be upset. I thought that the feeling of abandonment would come back but i look at my family and the people that really do love me and show me everyday that they care and that i do mean something to them and my heart and hurt has healed. I might have his eyes and his love for fairytales but it is my real family who have been through the darkest of times with me and picked me up when i didn't think i could ever get back up. They have told me i am beautiful when i didn't believe it and they have wiped my tears when they wouldn't stop fallen. I have realised that i don't need a strangers love or approval in my life.

That text message that he never sent was my closure. He said a thousand words with none at all and i am grateful for that day when i saw him because that part of my heart that felt lost still is now healed. I feel i have space to let in more love and that i have more love to give out.


Share:

31 comments

  1. You are so brave to share this, Keri-Anne.

    He doesn't know what he's missing!
    That sounds like a silly thing to say, but I mean it in complete sincerity. You are beautiful and lovely and so very talented and you deserve to be surrounded by people who love you abundantly. I'm glad that you have those people in your life.

    Bless you xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura. You are always so kind to me x

      Delete
  2. Felt so touched reading, Keri-Anne. So glad you're doing alright now, and remember you have loads of people loving you! Your readers (I'm in!) are definitely those :) Stay strong and beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A story familiar to my own Keri-anne but you are much stronger than me lovely girl. i admire your strentgh xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful darling, I shed a little tear.
    I am so very pleased that out of the experience you now feel you have some closure and healing for your heart. It saddens me to think he never replied or got in touch himself as no doubt you gave him your number as well so even if the text somehow got lost and not delivered he cold still have phoned you.
    However the bumping into him you turned into a positive experience to gain healing from and I'm proud of you for doing so, as it must not have been an easy process to move through and out the other side of. im sure deep down he wants nothing but the best for you, very sadly he doesn't seem able to be part of that best. That is his loss, for you are such a wonderful wonderful person.

    Anyway I guess the main thing I wanted to say was I'm with you and I'm really glad you shared this piece, I know how vulnerable it can make you feel to be so honest. (Hugs)

    Love you lots, kat xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet K. I am so lucky to have such wonderful and caring friends. You are wonderful x

      Delete
  5. Tears are falling whilst I type this, you are strong and beautiful. I am so happy for you that you feel a sense of healing. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh darling. That must have been tough. It is very strong and wise the way you are dealing with it. Sending love and light your way xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support. It means a lot x

      Delete
  7. I wish I could speak English better :( You're so brave and incredible darling. You have such a two beautiful little ladys and a wonderful husband so forget people like that! :) *HUGS* from Spain <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You English was lovely. Thank you for your wonderful comment x

      Delete
  8. You're very courageous to share your heart here. I also grew up without my father being present, so I can relate to those feelings of abandonment and the issues it caused in those precious formative years. I can see why all that love has poured out onto your girls and family, after being held back for all that time. Happy to hear you have healed, and thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Tiffany. You are so kind x

      Delete
  9. i love you. you are amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello my name is phibi, I just discovered your blog, and I liked it a lot. I am a young mom of Madrid, Spain. I am a mother of a child, a baby of 11 months, and I'm also a craftswoman and natural therapist and designer. ! I will follow your blog daily. I invite you to visit my blog if you want.http://thelittlehouseoftheangels.blogspot.com.es/ I apologize for my English. Leave your comment if you want. Greetings from Spain. phibi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Phibi. Thank you so much for stopping by and reading. It is so lovely of you x

      Delete
  11. You are so marvelous and courageous, Keri-Anne! I'm kind of choke up but thank you for sharing this sincerely. We are so proud of you!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Maxine,
      Thank you so much for sharing your story with me. I am sorry you went through all that. I hope you find some closure too and find a happy place x

      Delete
  13. Oh sweetie.....your story brought tears to my eyes. I was a single mom at 16. My son's birth father has never been a part of his life. I am now happily married with 2 more children. My husband loves my oldest son as his own, but my son {who is now 18} has been going through a rough time lately. Your story has given me a little insight to my own situation.....Thank you for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda for sharing your story. I hope your son gets through this and things work out. x

      Delete
  14. This made me cry.
    You are our wonderful girl and we love you. X

    ReplyDelete

  15. my name is hanna i never believe in spell casting, until when i was was tempted to try it. i and my husband have been having a lot of problem living together, he will always not make me happy because he have fallen in love with another lady outside our relationship, i tried my best to make sure that my husband leave this woman but the more i talk to him the more he makes me fell sad, so my marriage is now leading to divorce because he no longer gives me attention. so with all this pain and agony, i decided to contact this spell caster to see if things can work out between me and my husband again. this spell caster who was a woman told me that my husband is really under a great spell that he have been charm by some magic, so she told me that she was going to make all things normal back. she did the spell on my husband and after 5 days my husband changed completely he even apologize with the way he treated me that he was not him self, i really thank this woman her name is Dr Aluta she have bring back my husband back to me i want you all to contact her who are having any problem related to marriage issue and relationship problem she will solve it for you. her email is traditionalspellhospital@gmail.com, she is a woman and she is great

    ReplyDelete

  16. I am Shana, wants to say a big thank you thank you thank you to Dr Ejemen spell for everything To everyone who doesn’t believe in spell, I was one of those ones at first. I wasn’t quite sure if I wanted to do this since I’ve tried others so-called spells casters and they did not work and was a waste of my time and money. However, when I read through the testimonies of other people at this website and after I talked to Dr Ejemen who answered all my questions and was very nice and sincere about everything, I decided to give it a try. I figured it would be my last try to get my guy back. So my story is that I was at my office when the guy I am in love with told me that he wasn’t in love with me and never will be and that he didn’t want to speak or see me again, especially since he was talking to this other girl. When I talked to Dr Ejemen about it, he let me know which spells would be most appropriate for me and I chose the ones that was to get him back to me and stay with me and want to marry me.As soon as he started on the spells, my guy came back into my life! It was a miracle to me and I’m so thankful for that. Things have been going well, and pretty much according to what Dr Ejemen said would happen. He’s always there when you need him,you can contact him via email ejemenspelltemple@live.com

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

© Gingerlillytea | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig