Tuesday 19 March 2013

A diary for them










(You see that little date on my sparrow count? March twenty fourth. I did that sparrow count four years ago with Elle as a baby. Two years later, little Mia was born on the same date)

Six years ago, i started this journal. I loved creating the pages and having a secret place to write little things and to scribble little drawings and a place to stick in my most favourite polaroids. When i had Elle, i decided to keep going with the journal so i could eventually give it to the girls when they were bigger.

I have finally completed the journal now and i wanted to share a few of my favourite pages. I hope the girls love this when they are older. I have already started on a written lullaby diary for them and maybe, one day, when they are bigger, we shall write little melody's to the lullabies. I love the idea of making little secret keepsakes for them. Elle already likes to look through this journal and she has started her own of her pressed flowers which i posted about here.
Share:

16 comments

  1. What a beautiful dairy! I would love to know how you made it. Are those actual Polaroid photos or did you just print them to look that way? I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy. I bought this journal from whsmiths 7 years ago. Yes, the polaroids are all real x

      Delete
  2. beautiful diary, so personal and shabby chic! Now I want to make something like this for myself! love love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much. You should do one x

      Delete
  3. This is just the sweetest thing, how wonderful for your children to have something like this created by their mum :) making memories and finding sweet ways to preserve them is a beautiful thing! I did something similar for my boyfriend's 21st birthday, a journal jam packed with memories :) we love looking through it together, and remember different times/things each time we do :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful. I'm sure they will love them when they are older.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful and a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a nice and pretty little book! Its amazing how you can create something so dreamy and beautiful! Please do tell how you made this beauty and where you get all of your inspiration.
    By the way, wich camera did you use for the polaroid photos? x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is truly beautiful, Keri-Anne! You're so so inspiring xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is so very very very beautiful! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my lord you are the sweetest mama.. i think this is the most inspirational thing I have seen..hope you dont mind i pinned a few images. so much love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This diary looks so lovely. Especially because of the laces around it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've made some really good points there. I looked on the net for additional information about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on this website.

    My blog: http://www.mibuzz.net/

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

© Gingerlillytea | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig