Sunday 10 February 2013

DIY: Love day crowns











My little ones love playing dress up and we have baskets full of crowns, tiaras, tutus, shoes and dresses. I have always wanted something that bit more special for them instead of the pound shop stuff we have (not that they really mind of course!) and i saw some lovely pipe cleaner crowns on instagram. I made the girls up some crowns and they just love them. We have had tears at bedtime from Mia because i have had to take hers off her! She is very girly but very feisty!

As love day is coming up, i adapted the crowns to make the girls their daddies valentines. They shall be rocking these on love day! Why don't you try them for your little ones and let them be the apple of their daddies eye.

All you need are some pipe cleaners. Each crown should take about 5 minuets to make and are so simple and quick.





1. You will need some pipe cleaners. We got ours from our local art shop and we got a multi colour pack.
2. Take two pipe cleaners and twist the ends together to make a circle.
3. Take another pipe cleaner and shape into a heart making sure you leave enough at the ends to be able to twist and attach the heart onto the crown base.
4. Twist the heart on. You can then make the rest of the hearts and carry on attaching them until you have hearts all the way around the crown base. I made 6 hearts to go on this crown.

That is it. Its simple!

Take a little peek at past DIY's i have posted. I love doing DIY's and will be posting many more.

Pressed flower picutres
Constellation maps
Walnut shell boats
Paper boat mobiles

Share:

15 comments

  1. oh my goodness these are so cute. when i'm older and have kids i'll defiantly be making them these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO cute! I want to make one for me xx

    www.jessthetics.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time here. Beautiful photos. I think we will be making some LOVE CROWNS this week too. They are so adorable. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for reading and stopping by. xx

      Delete
  4. Is it wrong to want one for myself??? I AM 40 years old and my daughter is 14 - we are both too old I fear. Darn it - gonna have to kidnap my niece again!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not wrong atall. I wear mine! I had my best friends over the other evening and we all wore them whilst making pom poms for my best friends wedding! Never too old x

      Delete
  5. This is so, so pretty. Definitely going to make one with my little girl this week. Thank you for the beautiful inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I would love to see what you make x

      Delete
  6. It's so nice!
    And easy to make!
    Tnx for good idea for making crown for weading phototoob :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

© Gingerlillytea | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig